Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's been awhile my man


Rodney,

Got the news through the long and winding grapevine you've surrounded yourself with and you've been in my prayers ever since. Haven't talked to you in ages, but I've followed your progress through friends. You continue to amaze - and quite honestly, humble - me with your ceaseless energy and the incredible work that flows from it. The word 'gifted' is so cliched these days - hell, if you've got a 5 year-old who can read, they throw her in a 'gifted' class – but you truly are 'gifted'. You have a way of seeing the world that's not shared by everyone - and that is their loss. I will continue to pray for a quick recovery for you. To help with that, I've attached a picture of Emma, now 5 (remember - she's the one that while in utero you swore was yours. As this picture shows, you may be right:-) By the way, that's Jack, 2, in the background. He's definitely not yours.

Wishing you all the love and peace one can wish,

Wally (and by proxy, Janice, Emma and Jack) Stoneman.

No comments: