Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Magic Number

You & I always joke about our friendship: how can two people be such good friends, yet so different from one another? I think back to one time we were walking down the street in the Highlands (Atl) and you were talking to me about numerology. I'm sure I was rolling my eyes - though I'm in awe and respect of your creative, artistic mind (something I don't have) - numerology is not my bag and I had to chalk it up to another one of our many differences.

... A few days after your accident, while I was feeling low, anxious and scared for you, I looked at the calendar (your calendar that you gave me, actually) and a quick, sharp laugh bursted out! They say humor and sorrow go hand-in-hand, and I could not help but once again roll my eyes. Leave it to you, Rodney, to get in this accident on the 3rd! The number "3" being a hugely powerful and symbolic number - a favorite of yours and one that shows up in your art - or as Schoolhouse Rock puts it, "three is the magic number."


You know, I might become a believer after all... Sending you good energy and numbers and hugs. Emily

No comments: