Thursday, May 22, 2008

Something New to Conquer

I just found out today about the accident from a friend of a friend of a friend. Feels like we were just texting a few weeks ago, but when I checked, it was April. Time flies when you've got a toddler. I found this site looking for more info online.

It's incomprehensible to think of something bad happening to you. In all the years I've known you, your talent and energy and love seemed to place you in a realm far removed from everyday occurrences such as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then all l I could think about is how you've probably already turned this experience into ideas for countless poems, paintings, and other sources of inspiration. Knowing you, a slot on Oprah and a book deal are also in the works. And suddenly I'm smiling despite myself.

Dan and I are thinking of you, and tonight you will be in all our prayers - even Owen's, who I can't wait for you to meet. It's so great to read all the posts and see how loved you are and how many people you've touched.

With love from Stephanie Dehner

No comments: